When you are buying, selling or transferring property in Spain, you may request, need to sign, or already be in possession of important documents which you simply do not understand. These can include:

  1. Deeds of purchase and sale (title deeds)
  2. Land registry reports
  3. Habitation licenses
  4. Purchase agreements
  5. Building permits
  6. Survey
  7. Valuation

If you are looking to buy a property in Spain with a mortgage, you will be required to show proof of earnings and provide documents such as:

  1. Bank statements
  2. Payslips
  3. Annual tax returns (self-employed)
  4. Credit references

If you already own property in Spain and have been unable to keep up with your mortgage payments, you may consider surrendering the property back to the bank. To do this, you will need to show evidence of your income and any benefits that you receive. The documents which you may need to provide are:

  1. Bank statements
  2. Credit references
  3. Documents from the Department of Work & Pensions and/or HMRC to show receipt of benefits and proof of unemployment.

We can help -