Spanish Specialist pledges to protect your privacy and all data provided by you via our contact form or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Dr Amanda Jane Alexandra Tozer, in her capacity as Head of Translation Services, is the designated Data Protection Officer for Spanish Specialist and possesses a valid ICO certificate issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is renewed annually.
How do we use your information?
The information you supply to Spanish Specialist is used for the following purposes:
- To ascertain which service you need and provide a quotation and a timeframe for completion and delivery.
- To deliver your service: via e-mail, telephone or hard copy to your designated address.
- To gather statistics on traffic to our website and usage of our content to enable us to improve and optimise the functionality of our website.
- To notify you of any changes to our services and special offers.
How do we protect your information?
- We will not disclose your data to third parties unless such disclosure forms an integral part of the service being contracted, i.e. if we are requested to contact a third party on your behalf (a government agency or official in Spain, for example). In this case, we will always ask for your prior consent.
- We pledge to treat your data with the strictest confidentiality.
- We will endeavour to protect your data against any unauthorised use and to prevent any unauthorised access by upholding strict security procedures regarding the storage of your data. In addition to all of our terminals having the latest anti-virus and anti-malware programs, all of our client’s files our password-protected while our translators are working on them and all client information and completed translations are stored on external removable drives to minimise any potential security threats.
- We will make every effort to ensure that your information is correct and up-to-date.
- We will never ask you for information which is not relevant or pertinent to the service which you have contracted.
How can you protect your information?
- Ensure that any information which you send us to us electronically is done so in a secure manner.
- You may contact us at any time to delete or modify the data that you have provided to us.
- Similarly, if you do not wish to be contacted by us regarding new services or special features, you can write us a simple email and we will delete you from our client database straight away: email@example.com.